Everyone has heard that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it’s true, it says it in the name, you are “breaking your fast.” A good breakfast gets you ready for the day and kick starts your body so it can function properly and everyone doesn’t think you’re a moody sod. Therefore, here’s a cheeky little protein pancake recipe which is so easy and can be made in advance so you can grab on the go if needed.
- Mix 2 eggs, 1/2 cup on any flavour protein powder you like and 1 tsp of baking powder.
- Then gradually add milk (I use soya or almond) until you get a smooth but thick consistency.
- Heat a frying pan with a bit of coconut oil or frylight and spoon in the batter.
- Flip when bubbles start appearing on the top.
- Cook until golden brown on each side. This should make about 6 mini pancakes in total.
- Serve with yoghurt (Arla sykr is amazing and low in sugar) and whatever fruit you fancy.
Bring on the mornings!