Turkey Bolognese (very high in protein)
- Brown off 450g of Turkey mince and drain off any excess fat and water.
- Fry in olive oil or frylight 1 finely chopped onion, 2 cloves of crushed garlic, diced mushrooms (As many as you want) until golden brown.
- Re-add the drained mince along with 2 cans of chopped tomatoes, half a tube of tomato puree, 1 crushed up Oxo cube, 2 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce and season with salt, pepper and mixed herbs.
- Leave to simmer for 30 mins.
- Just before serving add 2 tbsp of milk (Mary berry trick) and stir well.
- Serve with whole grain spaghetti and salad.
Every time I make this I change the recipe slightly to whatever fancy at the time, it’s so versatile. Add beef mince if you prefer but make sure to Brown it and drain off any excess fat before you add it back in. I also like to occasionally add bacon, spinach, extra Worcestershire sauce…. make it your own and enjoy!